Senior PI Underwriter, Corporate Financial Lines
Your future team
AIG’s underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG’s tradition of innovation, bringing to market groundbreaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG’s underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
You will contribute to the growth and profit of the financial lines profit centre by underwriting new and renewal business, developing and maintaining relationships with existing and new brokers, ensure visibility of AIG in the market, assisting management with reporting and working to carry out agreed strategies.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
- Underwrite new and renewal business in accordance with underwriting guidelines, relevant underwriting authority and AIG principles
- Identify target accounts, and monitor progress against budget by utilising appropriate reports and tools (pipeline report, hit rate report, web reports, renewal register etc.)
- Maintain accurate files, registers and records to contribute to management reporting and timely service and policy issuance
- Assist in the implementation of business plans in accordance with financial lines and company direction
- Assist in training and mentoring of junior underwriters to increase their product knowledge and to help them gain underwriting authority.
What we are looking for
- Knowledge of professional indemnity (PI) liability insurance underwriting
- Understand key business drivers in PI space
- Client-orientated with the ability to build and maintain successful relationships
- Other relevant experience i.e. in the insurance industry as an insurance broker, claims handler, reinsurance underwriter, risk manager, accountant, auditor, insurance lawyer or equivalent.
Strong commercial skills in:
- Relationship building
- Business development
- Attention to detail.
- Proven track-record in underwriting financial lines insurance products
- Previous experience within a commercial insurance/finance/legal environment, including exposure to clients and/or intermediaries
- Awareness of developments and trends in the commercial sector having insurance implications.